Friday, April 15, 2005

I hope we're different

People say my brother, Wayne, and me are different. There are a lot of meanings you can assign to that word "different." According to the Monty Python film Life of Brian, we are all different ("I'm not!" sic). What do our friends, family, and acquaintances mean when they say that?

We differ greatly in appearance. I am a little portly and wide. He does not not remind one of The Wizard of Oz's Scarecrow. He traveled a more logical path to his college degrees than did I. By logical, I mean he has an engineering degree, and I majored in history. He graduated on time or close. I did not. For what it is worth (not the Buffalo Springfield song), our seminal choices led us to profoundly different stations.

We are very much alike though. Our attitudes and beliefs usually "fall in line" together. Wayne and I share many deep characteristics derived from our upbringing. Our wives claim our senses of humor (or lack there of) are congruent. We both believe this computer thingy is here to stay.

I keep racking my brain wondering what I can add to this blog that people are going to want to read. I think I found it. I believe Wayne and I are different. Not just from each other, but I feel the unique Wayne and Chris combination is different from other blogs readers might peruse. Whether the different is a good or bad thing remains to be seen. By reading this blog, I hope people discover our differences and our similarities. I look forward to finding a few more of each myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home